Bravura Still Life Painting with Bryan Mark Taylor
When & Where
Still life painting is one of the best ways to learn how to see light, color, and texture. Bryan Mark Taylor will go through his entire process, beginning with how to set up your light source, compose your subject, capture the light, texture, and color of any subject, and show you how to properly varnish and frame your work. In particular, Taylor will do a deep dive in capturing the elements of glass, metal, floral arrangements, and, as a bonus, the texture of crusty bread. He will teach you what to look for and what to avoid so you can capture your subject with bravura.
Suggested Supply List
- Strada Easel or similar portable easel
- Trekell Bryan Mark Taylor brush set
- Trekell Paint Shapers
- Rounded Teardrop Palette Knife
- Trekell gessoed Panel or Ampersand Gessoboard Panel (consider sizes 12x12, 11x14, 12x16)
- Gamsol in an airtight container. No paint thinner!
- Paper Towels
- Gamblin Oil Colors: Titanium White, Cad Yellow Light, Cad Yellow Medium, Cad Orange, Cad Red Light, Cad Red Deep, Perm Rose, Alizarin Permanent, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Phthalo Green, Portland-Gray Medium
Lighting & CompositionSentient Provo HQ
Lunch BreakFood Court
- VIP$500$500Sold Out
- Virtual$250$250Sold Out