Complete Guide to Portrait Painting with Albin Veselka
Unlimited Year Access
Broaden your portrait painting skills with Albin Veselka’s complete guide! Are you struggling to get the form right in your portrait paintings? Albin Veselka designed this course based on the common portrait painting problems students encountered during his years teaching at BYU Idaho as well as private workshops. He breaks things down for beginners to gain clarity, and for professionals to overcome nagging challenges in drawing, values, colors, edges, and paint handling.
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Are you struggling to capture the likeness of your subject and you just aren’t sure where you went wrong? Learning, or reviewing, portrait fundamentals will greatly improve your portrait painting skills no matter what your current skill level is. Often times it is only a few subtle changes that can make all of the difference.
Imagine if you could refine your techniques and add juicy impasto texture to your portrait paintings! Albin Veselka designed this curriculum based on the common portrait painting problems students encountered during his years teaching at BYU Idaho as well as private workshops. He breaks things down for beginners to gain clarity, and for professionals to overcome nagging challenges in drawing, values, colors, edges, and paint handling. Albin’s solid painting techniques, quality, and skills play a key role in his successful career as he tackles large-scale multi-figurative paintings for internationally known public collections as well as countless private ones. He is now bringing that vast experience to help you succeed in portrait painting from the comfort of your home studio.
- Chapter 1: Methods & Motivation | Half-body Portrait
- Chapter 2: Materials & Setup | Quick Portrait Study
- Chapter 3: Values | Sargent Master Copy
- Chapter 4: Drawing | Monotone Study
- Chapter 5: Color Theory | Arbitrary Colors Study
- Chapter 6: Light & Color Temperature | Warm Light Cool Shadow Portrait Study
- Chapter 7: Light & Color Temperature | Cool Light Warm Shadow Portrait Study
- Chapter 8: Color in Design | Limited Palette Portrait Study
- Chapter 9: Edges | Back-Lit Portrait Study
- Chapter 10: Techniques & Processes | Reworking a Portrait
- Chapter 11: Developing Your Growth Plan | Bearded Male Portrait Painting
- Chapter 12: Painting from Life Model | Russian Hat Male Portrait Study