Glowing Back-Lit Portrait Painting with Michael Malm
Unlimited Year Access
Add interest to your portrait paintings by learning how to add a back-lit effect to your subject! Have you admired the various lighting effects in the paintings of other artists? Further your portrait painting skills with the glowing back-lit effects with award-winning artist Michael Malm. Michael will show you how to see big shapes, paint accurate values, light the model, understand color relationships to create the back-lit portrait that actually glows!
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced, Professional
Are you interested in adding exciting lighting effects to your own subjects but aren’t certain how to proceed? Would you like help from a master painter who can guide you through the back-lit lighting effect?
Imagine if you could add interest to your portrait paintings, as well as use the lighting effects achieved by other successful painters in your own work? Further your portrait painting skills with the glowing back-lit effects with award-winning artist Michael Malm. Michael will show you how to see big shapes, paint accurate values, light the model, understand color relationships to create the back-lit portrait that actually glows!
To achieve this award-winning effect, you need to fully understand some of the most fundamental principles. Michael will share his secrets with you and take to through his journey to develop his signature style in detail. He has designed this curriculum specifically to pass on the advanced techniques he developed over the years for you to do the same. Take full advantage of this rare opportunity to study closely with Michael for your next substantial growth without leaving your home studio.
Even though capturing this back-lit portrait is extremely difficult, Michael breaks down the process for you so that you can build up solid skills and see real results. This course has been proven to be one of the most effective back-lit portrait painting online courses in the world.
- Chapter 1: Skill Assessment | Back-lit Portrait Challenge
- Chapter 2: Drawing & Shapes | Master Copy Drawing
- Chapter 3: Values & Edges | Monochrome Master Copy Painting
- Chapter 4: Simple Way to Approach a Portrait | Quick Portrait Painting
- Chapter 5: Limited Palette | Zorn Palette Portrait Painting
- Chapter 6: Expanded Full Palette | Back-Lit Figure Painting
- Chapter 7: Lighting the Model | Color Studies
- Chapter 8: Color Temperature | Warm & Cool Light Portrait Painting
- Chapter 9: Designing a Portrait | Back-Lit Portrait Sketch
- Chapter 10: Back-lit Portrait Painting | Back-Lit Portrait Painting