Portrait Drawing Techniques with Josh Clare
Unlimited Year Access
Expand your portrait painting abilities and begin drawing right away! Do you wish you could improve your drawing skills, but recoil at the idea of hours and hours of drawing without any visible improvement? Josh Clare breaks things down into simple concepts so you can get drawing right away. Instead of spending hours or days to create a portrait, you will be able to build a portrait up within hours using his techniques.
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Are you uncertain of where your portrait drawings need improvement? Or what skill you are lacking? Imagine if you could draw beautiful portraits in no time at all! Josh Clare’s portrait drawing technique course will help you achieve your goal. Josh is mostly known for his award-winning landscape paintings but his passion for portrait drawing never faded. He spent countless hours studying Nicolai Fechin’s drawings along with other old masters to arrive at his own unique drawing style with solid form, subtle tonal changes, and dynamic line quality. He is now passing on his techniques for you to greatly improve your portrait drawing skills. Josh breaks things down into simple concepts so you can get drawing right away. Instead of spending hours or days to create a portrait, you will be able to build a portrait up within hours using his techniques. He will show you his way of using simple shapes, values, to create the illusion of form and texture with edges. Join hundreds of students who have benefited from this course and enjoy your own growth immediately from your home studio.
- Chapter 1: Basics & Materials | Quick Head Drawings
- Chapter 2: Size, Position & Angle | Side Profile Female Grid Drawing
- Chapter 3: Line Drawing | Frontal View Male Portrait
- Chapter 4: Light & Shadow | Notan Drawing
- Chapter 5: Lighting & Photographing a Model | 3/4 View Femail Portrait
- Chapter 6: Lift-Out Technique | Profile View Male Portrait
- Chapter 7: Toned Paper Techniques | Frontal View Female Portrait
- Chapter 8: Painterly Approach | Profile View Female Portrait
- Chapter 9: Designing Portraits | Male Portrait on Toned Paper